For a long time, LA Screenwriter had an AMAZING script index, and we were very sad to see it go, but such is life.
That said, we didn’t want to leave you lovely people empty-handed, so below you’ll find all of our favorite resources for tracking down produced film screenplays, television pilots, show bibles, and more online.
We’ll also still point you to all the Golden Globe- and Oscar-contending scripts during award season, so watch out for posts like that in the late fall and winter.
Film and TV Scripts
- Emmys (links to ALL of the currently nominated comedy, drama, and limited series / movie scripts — likely to be taken down after the show!)
- TV Writing (THE BEST COLLECTION. check the homepage for the latest additions)
- TV Calling Script Library
- Shore Scripts (a collection of show bibles)
- Star Trek Minutiae (every old Star Trek show and movie script pretty much ever)
- BBC Writersroom
Screenplays from the Last Ten Years
- Indie Film Hustle (broken into collections by specific screenwriters)
- Go into the Story
- Script Reader Pro (ten top scripts in five core genres)
- Daily Script
- Screenplays for You
- The Script Savant
- Horror Lair (some newer horror and suspense scripts, but mostly classics)
Not Finding the Script You Want?
- IMSDb has a lot of scripts in HTML format
- Make a request on the Screenwriting SubReddit (search first!)
- See if the script is published and buy it / check it out from your local library
- If you’re in New York, check the NYU Library
- If you’re in LA…
- search eight local collections (including some listed below) via the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- visit the Writers Guild Foundation Shavelson-Webb Library
- check the Francis Howard Goldwyn Hollywood Regional Library
- check the UCLA Library Special Collections
- check USC’s Cinematic Arts Library
- check the Louis B. Mayer Library at AFI
Not sure where to start?
- These are the screenplays that the WGA considers to be the 100 best ever written, but unfortunately, the list doesn’t have any script links. Most of these scripts can be found online.
Are we missing a great resource?
- Let us know – lascreenwriterblog[at]gmail.com